20160207

Super Bowl Sunday

$739,950
4 Bedroom, 2 Bath
2,013 Square Feet

Who would have an Open House on Super Bowl Sunday? Apparently not too many people. Some Sundays I've had to prioritize my list and never make it to many of the houses that interest me, but today I had two to choose from, and one I had  already seen.

The house which my husband and I visited in the fall has been on the market for 4 months. It's a brand new home, the last to be built in a subdivision.The builder as included all the modern upgrades that a buyer would want (stainless steel appliances, giant island in the kitchen with granite counter tops and open floor plan), however the home is on a very busy thoroughfare. So busy, the home has been on the market for four months.

Down the same busy road, I found today's Open House. The home was built in 1939. The original shape or footrpint of the home was hard to determine. It seems many homeowners since 1939 have wanted to add a room here or there. The result is a home with disjointed rooms that do not quite flow.

Somebody has recently bought the property and dressed it up right with new paint, carpet and flooring throughout. The highlight of the home was the giant laundry room. Laundry rooms are many times forgotten. In my home the washer and dryer stand against a wall in the garage. In other homes the room consists of a narrow passage way in front of the washing machines. At the home today, the laundry room was larger than two of the four bedrooms. If one were handy or crafty, this would be a terrific sewing room or craft room.

I once read that real estate bargains (for single family homes) could be found along busy roads. The houses today were both well updated, however the price the owners are seeking are not the "busy street" deals I've read about. Time will tell if the owners will get the price that are asking or if the road will force a price reduction.


My Super Bowl Sunday is about to start. Ripe avocados wait on the counter...

No comments:

Post a Comment